Astraea Linskills, one of Liverpool’s fastest growing Law firms, won one of the top gongs last night as 400 members of the legal profession from the Liverpool City Region came together for the Liverpool Law Society’s glittering black-tie Annual Dinner and Legal Awards at the Rum Warehouse in Liverpool.
Receiving The accolade of Law Firm of the Year (1-99 employees) the Castle Street based legal practice beat off fierce competition to pick up the main prize. Before announcing the winner the President of Liverpool Law Society, Steven Zdolyny said “The Independent judging panel for our 2022 Legal Awards said this about Astraea
Linskills – This firm manage to successfully combine publicly-funded work with commercial work, which is unusual. They have developed niche work, in the form of Election Law, and have a global reach, while at the same time helping some of the most vulnerable in this city. They are continuing to grow, attracting experienced
lawyers and supporting entrants to the profession”.
Guest speaker the Right Hon Lord Burrows, Justice of the Supreme Court, who was educated in Knowsley, gave a fascinating insight to his route to, and his work in, the Supreme Court.
Astraea Linskills Chief Executive, John-Paul Dennis said:
“Winning the Law Firm of the year award is a fantastic accolade for Astraea Linskills and testament to the incredibly hard work our entire team have put in through some of the most challenging of times. We are a growing practice and this recognition
Is something we are very grateful to receive. Liverpool has a rich offering of successful legal practices and we are delighted that we have been recognised by The Liverpool Law Society as we continue to strive for excellence across all of our departments”.
The 2022 winners of the Liverpool Law Society Legal Awards are:
- Law Firm Award (1-99 employees)- Astraea Linskills
- Law Firm Award (100+ employees) – Morecrofts Solicitors
- Outstanding Team Award (Litigation) – Provenio Litigation
- Outstanding Team Award (Non-Contentious) – In-House Legal Solutions
- Outstanding Lawyer Award – Paul Lunt from Brabners
- Highly Commended in the Outstanding Lawyer category was Rachel Stalker from the Legal Advice Centre at Liverpool John Moores University
- Rising Star Award – Bella Tait from Unit Chambers