Nightlife Category: Bars
Our history dates back to 1795 when “Edwards and Penny, Druggists & Chemists” first opened its doors at no. 58 Castle St. Back then the J.R. McGuffie who’s name the company today bears was not even born.
The business enjoyed many years of considerable success before coming into the hands of our famous Mr. McGuffie sometime around 1840.
Delving into Sir James Allanson Picton’s “Memorials of Liverpool” published in 1873 (he of the beautiful Picton Reading Room in Liverpool Central Library) we find the following paragraph:-