NQ64 Liverpool are launching seven new game-inspired cocktails, to their menu, including their very first non-alcoholic additions.
The new drinks will made their debut at their arcade bars this Wednesday 12th October, replacing five of their pre-existing cocktails, you can expect to see a menu full of flavour, fun and nostalgic vibes.
A huge part of NQ64’s team training focuses on developing cocktail skills; the team are always striving to create the perfect drinks to accompany their arcade games.
Through regularly interacting with customers directly, nobody has a better understanding of what NQ64’s audience are looking for when it comes their drinks than the on-site teams. So, when it came to the development of their new cocktail menu, getting the whole team from every venue involved was a no brainer.
An internal competition took place at each of the bars back in August where staff had the opportunity to create and develop their own game-inspired drinks before presenting them in the finals at NQ64 Birmingham, where each drink was judged. The cocktails presented at this competition led the direction of the new menu, with the final drinks chosen created directly from the team.
Cocktails inspired by the retro arcade games, which will be on offer at each of the venues include:
- Super Coco Ball: A Rum based drink with Brandy, Cacao, Banana, Hazelnut and a Coco Pop milk blend [Based off Super Monkey Ball game]
- Mr Stay Puft: A Marshmallow espresso Martini, with Vodka, Espresso, Marshmallow and Chocolate [Based on the Ghostbusters character]
- Mega Daisy: A Gin spritz with Aperol, Triple Sec, Elderflower, Lychee and Prosecco [Based on Daisy from the Mario franchise]
- Final Fantarita: A Sour cherry margarita with Tequila, Sour Cherry and topped with Fanta [Based on Final Fantasy game]
- Lake Springfield: A Sour Apple Whiskey drink with JD Apple, Midori, Toxic Waste Cordial and Apple [Based on The Simpsons]
- No Uka Uka (non-alcoholic): An alcohol-free cocktail with Caleño (non-alcoholic spirit) Refresher Syrup, Guava, Pineapple and Lime [Based on Crash Bandicoot game]
- Driver Spritz (non-alcoholic): An alcohol-free cocktail with Crodino, Candied Strawberry, Lemon and Soda [Based on Driver game]
James Taylor, NQ64 Drinks Development and Training Manager, told us:
“At NQ64 we are always looking for inspiration when it comes to our venues, whether this is through finding new arcade games or developing our bar menus. With drinks being such a huge part of the NQ64 experience, we always like to keep the menu fresh with new and exciting twists on game inspired cocktails, using fun and unique ingredients that result in a delicious taste.”
With Christmas also just around the corner, they have launched their very first Christmas party bookings, where you can button bash the night away with friends, family or colleagues during the festive season.
Taking bookings from groups of any size, you can pre-order drinks and token packages in advance. To find out more and book your NQ64 Festive fun visit: https://nq64.co.uk/christmas/