Sefton Council’s Cabinet has approved plans for a significant investment in Crosby Lakeside Adventure Centre.
The £3.1m investment plans will transform the hospitality facilities at the Centre and include:
- New bar and coffee area with capacity for 120 seated and standing
- Fully glazed restaurant extension on lakeside terrace
- New decking on outside spaces for hosted events and four new events spaces
- Complete revamp of hotel accommodation
- New accommodation module added, purpose-designed for community and school groups
- New rooftop and garden and seasonal ‘pop-up’ facilities
The plans to transform the facility will provide an enhanced hospitality offer, generating additional income needed to provide a sustainable future for this important community asset in the medium and long-term.
The investment in the Centre will directly support the strategic objectives of Sefton’s Coastal Plan, to provide high quality visitor infrastructure, attracting more visitors, contributing to the local economy and managing impacts on areas of environmental significance.
Councillor Marion Atkinson, Sefton Council’s Labour Cabinet Member for Regeneration and Skills, said: “This investment will enable the Council to significantly enhance facilities at what is already a valued community asset. Investing in Crosby Lakeside Adventure Centre now will enable the Council to make the facility sustainable in the long-term. The Council expects the enhancements will enable Crosby Lakeside to become profitable in the future, generating investment in frontline services.”
All the current leisure facilities will remain open during the improvement works, which are scheduled to start in April 2020, with the revamped hospitality facilities scheduled to launch in Spring 2021.