It’s the most hotly anticipated game of hide and seek around with the ultimate Eurovision prize…
Details have been released about how people can be part of Spot Sonia – a real life game of Where’s Wally – but instead of hunting down a bespectacled, jumper-wearer, players are on the lookout for images of Liverpool and Eurovision legend Sonia.
And the prize for finding all the hidden images of Sonia around the city centre? A pair of tickets to the sold-out Eurovision Grand Final on Saturday 13 May at Liverpool Arena.
“When I first heard about Spot Sonia I thought it was brilliant and typically Liverpool – we love to have fun in this city and this surreal game certainly ticks that box and has a great Eurovision feel to it.
“But don’t expect me to be able to give anyone any top tips – the locations are being kept top secret, even from me, so I’ve no idea where my face will be popping up! Good luck to everyone taking part.”
The game itself takes place on Friday 12 May from 11am, and here’s how it will work:
· Players need to register on the Visit Liverpool website in advance to take part – deadline is 9am on Friday 12 May
· Those taking part will need to follow Visit Liverpool on socials (@VisitLiverpool on Twitter, @VisitLiverpool.com on Facebook and @visitliverpool_ on Instagram)
· On 12May clues will be released on social media which will lead people to a location where an image of Sonia will be waiting.
· When each clue is revealed, the seekers have 90 minutes to find each location and take a selfie with the image before the next clue is released
· Each image needs to be posted on social media, tagging in Visit Liverpool with #SpotSonia.
· Once all four clues have been completed, the players still in the game will be given a final secret location.
· The first 10 people to arrive at that location, with all their selfies to hand, will take part in one final task. The winner will be awarded two of the most sought-after tickets around.
Players must be 18 or over.
The idea formed part of Liverpool’s original bid, and the cheeky Scouse twist on a classic game proved to be a big hit with the judges making the decision on who would host the competition in 2023.
To read the full terms and conditions for Spot Sonia, head to the Visit Liverpool website.