Take advantage of free coffee, free train travel*, live local music while you commute to work, or take a leisurely yoga class during your lunch break. These are just a handful of the free events happening on Monday, January 15, as Liverpool tries to shake off the January blues.
Yellow Monday is a rebranding of Blue Monday, organised by Liverpool BID Company. Usually the most miserable day of the year, city centre businesses donate free events and deals to brighten the start of the week.
Katie Bentley Director of Strategic Partnerships and Communications at Liverpool BID Company said:
“It might have started as a marketing campaign, but we know that the January Blues can be part of low moods. The environment we live in has a real impact on our sense of wellbeing, and knowing that we are part of a community that cares about one another gives us a sense of purpose and belonging. Music, mindfulness and a surprise bit of joy can do wonders for the mood and we wanted to give the city a chance to say goodbye to Blue Monday”.
Come to Liverpool Parish Church for a soothing Soundbath to cap off the workday. Those who wish to meditate are welcome to join a “Soundbath,” where they can unwind and take in the sounds of their surroundings. Level10 Choir will surround the attendees with a wash of choral sound for this event.
It starts at 5.45 and continues until 6.45
Revd Canon Dr Crispin Pailing MBE Rector of Liverpool said:
“Places of worship can often also be places of meditation and mindfulness. The world is an overwhelming place, and often never more so than during the cold and dark days of January. This Soundbath is an opportunity to tune in and switch off, to let music and sound wash over you and help you to relax. If nothing else, it may be a few valuable moments to oneself to allow you to reflect on your day, think of your achievements and mentally wind down”.
The full list of free activities includes;
– 100 free coffees to giveaway with Bean Coffee at their three locations, Chapel Street, St Pauls Square, Princes Dock
– Free Merseyrail travel for the 15th, register by Thursday 11 January*
– Live music from local artist, Mike Blue, at Moorfields Station from 8am – 9am
– Pastry giveaway with WYLDE Coffee, for the first 100 individuals passing Exchange Flags on way to work – starting at 8:30
– Morning Mindfulness Session in the Liver Building with Mindfulness Liverpool, followed by a trip up to RLB360 for views of Liverpool – starting at 11:00
– Lunchtime Yoga with YinYan in Horton House, at 12:15 – 13:00
– Soundbath at Liverpool Parish Church, 5:45pm – 6:45pm
– Social media competition to nominate a colleague for a bouquet of flowers on 15th Jan
– Yellow Monday uplifting office playlist
– Yellow Monday ‘Note to Self’ postcards in office buildings and given out at activities
You can read the full list of activities here.
*One free return journey on the one day and we are offering 2,000 tickets on a first come first serve basis