Explore Liverpool's Terms & Conditions and Policy
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded on to your computer, tablet, or smartphone when you access our website. It allows our website to recognise your device and store some information about your preferences and past actions.
What are pixels?
A tracking pixel is a small piece of code containing an image that is placed on a webpage you visit that is used among other things to target and/ or remarket ads. When employed as a targeting or remarketing tool, the information is collected in an anonymous cookie, which is then used by our advertising to display targeted advertisements to select individuals. For example, if you visited our website searching for florists, you may be served a special offer advertisement from a flower shop when you visit Facebook, Twitter, or another website later on.
What cookies are used on this website?
The cookies we and our business partners use on this website are broadly grouped into the following categories:
Type of cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log in to secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart, or to allow communication between your browser and the website.
We use analytical cookies to help us understand how users engage with our website. An example is counting the number of visitors and to see how many visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Our ‘Floodlight’ cookie allows us to track and report on the actions of users who visit our site after viewing or clicking on one of our ads.
Our ‘Review’ cookie allows us to recognise that a user is logged in to leave a review.
Third party cookies
Type of cookie
More information and how to opt out
Google provides anonymised data about the visits made to our website.
Google also stores cookies which allow the “Google +” social sharing functionality.
Facebook stores cookies which allow the Facebook “Like” social sharing functionality but only if you click on the Facebook “Like” button on our website.
Our website uses pixels from Facebook to tailor the advertising you see on Facebook to relevant products, services, businesses or causes you may be interested in based on your searches on www.explore-liverpoo.com
How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?
If you have previously consented to us storing cookies on your machine but then change your mind, you can do the following:
- delete the cookies from your browser. Most browsers also allow you to prevent all or some cookies being stored on your machine in the future. For more information on how to delete or disable cookies from your browser please use the “help” function within your browser or alternatively visit allaboutcookies.org; and/or
- if you only want to reject some or all of the third-party cookies you will need to visit the relevant third party’s website directly to manage cookies stored on your machine by them.
Please be aware that disabling cookies may impact the functionality of this website.
We can’t always control third party cookies stored on your machine from our website and setting your cookie preferences with us will not stop those third party cookies from being stored on your machine, you must manage these cookies directly with the relevant third party, please see our “Third Party Cookies” section below for more information.
We may update this policy from time to time so you may want to check it each time you visit our website. We last changed this policy on 25 May 2020.
Explore Liverpool Terms & Conditions
Acceptance of Terms
For the purpose of these conditions we refer to www.explore-liverpool.com also known as Explore Liverpool or Explore Liverpool’s Business Directory and its database collectively known as “the website” or “we”.
Explore Liverpool Limited provides its service to you, subject to the following conditions which may be updated from time to time without notice. You are advised to check back regularly, as our terms and conditions of service may change.
By using the website either as a registered user, guest, or viewer, you demonstrate that you accept these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these conditions, please do not use, or log on to the website.
Access to our Website
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our website without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Service.
Using the Website
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access this website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
This website may only be used for lawful purposes. You cannot Use the website:
- for any unlawful purpose;
- to promote any illegal activity, violence, and sexually explicit material
- to promote any form of discrimination
- to harm, threaten, defame abuse, or harass another person in a way that invades someone’s privacy or is (in our reasonable opinion) offensive or unacceptable
- to create, check, confirm, update or amend someone else’s databases, records, directories, customer lists, mailing or prospecting lists;
- to provide any kind of customer lists or commercial information service;
- as a source of material or contact data for any kind of marketing activity;
- to tamper with, update or change any part of the website;
- in a way that affects how it is run; in a way that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionably large burden on the websites technical systems as determined by us; or using any automated means to monitor or copy the website or its content, or to interfere with or attempt to interfere with how the website works.
Providing material to Explore Liverpool Limited
If you provide any material to the website, you agree to grant us permission, free of charge, to use your material in any way we want (including altering and adapting it for operational or editorial reasons) in any media worldwide. In certain circumstances, we may share your material with other trusted organisations.
After posting or emailing your material to the website, you continue to own that material, and you continue to have the right to use your material in any way you choose.
Please carefully choose any information you post on the website, as it will be available for public viewing. By providing any material to the website, and for us to be able to use it, you confirm that:
- your material is your own original work, or you are authorised to provide it to the website;
- your material is not defamatory (that is, it does not damage someone’s good reputation), does not take away or affect any other person’s privacy rights, copyright, contract rights or any other rights, and does not otherwise break any laws of England and Wales; and that you have the right to give us permission to use it for the purposes specified above.
You acknowledge that we do not have a duty to publish any material you have provided.
We have the right to:
- reject or refuse to post any material you have provided;
- remove any material from the website, whether or not the material goes against any of these conditions; or
- restrict, suspend, or stop your access to all or any part of the website at any time.
If you do not want to grant us the permission set out above on these terms, please do not provide any material to the website.
Listing on Explore Liverpool
All basic listings are free. The prices and the terms of payment for a premium and featured listing and entry in Explore Liverpool’s Business Directory are displayed at all times on this website, including the point where you choose to make a purchase.
The business understands and agrees that upon purchasing a listing for their business, the listing will automatically renew on the date of expiration except where the business notifies termination thereof to Explore Liverpool prior to the subscription’s expiration date. In such cases, the renewal shall be performed in accordance with the manner of payment originally chosen by the business, at the price rate of the original subscription. A listing for one company cannot be substituted for a listing for another.
Businesses can cancel their subscription at any time by contacting us, with termination taking effect from the end of the validity period covered by the last monthly payment made. For instances where a business requires a listing to be removed immediately, please contact us. A refund for the remaining subscription period will not be offered. If a business removes their listing within the 4-week period any reinstatement of the listing will be charged at the price rate of the original subscription.
Please Note: Any hyperlinks to external websites included within paid for subscriptions will be non-indexable. To add other types of hyperlinks to Explore Liverpool’s Business Directory, please contact us.
Your dealings with subscribers or Companies and any entity whatsoever as found through our Business Directory and this service are solely between you and such Company, Partnership, or entity. You agree that we will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of such dealings or as the result of the presence of a listing on this Service.
Emails & Telephone
You agree to be contacted only in relation to the service we have provided you via the email or telephone number provided at submission of your listing
You agree to indemnify and hold Explore Liverpool, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Sites you submit, or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the Terms and Conditions, or your violation of any rights of another.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You expressly understand and agree that:
- your use of the service is at your sole risk. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchant ability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- we make no warranty that (i) the service will meet your requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free. (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, and (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations.
- no information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Explore Liverpool or through the service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the terms and conditions.
Limitation of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that we shall not be liable for any damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from (i) the use of the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; or (iv) any other matter relating to the service.
- If You have a complaint about the Website, please contact Us.
- If You have a complaint about the Agreement, please contact Us.
Third Party Content, ‘Partners’ and Links from the Site
We are not responsible for the content of third-party sites linked to the Site or for Third Party Content. They are independent of Us, and their content is not endorsed or approved by Us, even where the third party in question is stated to be a ‘partner’ of Explore Liverpool.
- In entering any agreement to which Explore Liverpool is not a party, you accept that Explore Liverpool Limited has no liability whatsoever.
- You should check with Us if You are in any doubt as to the status of any Content.
Trademark Information & Intellectual Property Rights
Explore Liverpool Limited trademarks and service marks, and other Explore Liverpool logos such as ScouseScene and product and service names are trademarks of Explore Liverpool Limited. Without our prior permission, you agree not to display or use in any manner, Explore Liverpool Marks.
Explore Liverpool Limited respects the intellectual property of others, and we expect our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been infringed or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide us with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright;
- a description of the infringed copyrighted work;
- a description of where the infringing material is located on the site;
- your address, email address, and telephone number;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Notice of claims of copyright infringement should be sent via email to: email@example.com
The Whole Agreement
These conditions make up the whole agreement between you and us in how you use the website. If a court decides that a condition is not valid, the rest of the conditions will still apply.
The laws of England and Wales apply to your use of the website and these conditions. We control the website from within the United Kingdom. However, you can get access to the website from other places around the world. Although these places may have different laws from the laws of England and Wales, by using the website you agree that the laws of England and Wales will apply to everything relating to you using the website and you agree to keep to these laws. We have the right to take you to court in the country you live in.
Changes to our Terms and Conditions
Our Terms and Conditions was last updated on 25 May 2020.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
We are Explore Liverpool Ltd, a private limited company incorporated in (and subject to the laws of) England and Wales with registration number 10591312. Our registered address is at 4 Leyland Street, Prescot, L34 5QP.
What information do we collect?
Explore Liverpool Limited collects information from you when you fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your business name or name, e-mail address, phone number and address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information Explore Liverpool Limited collects from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions for Business Directory listings
- To contact you about our additional services or offers
- If you have left a review or entered a competition, we may contact you about news and updates
- Direct Marketing – If you have provided your consent or we otherwise have the right to do so, we may use your contact details to send you direct marketing and keep you informed of promotional offers by email, SMS, post or telephone relating to our products and services
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the service requested.
We may also obtain information about you from other sources:
We will track your use of our website through cookies and other similar technologies so that we can provide important features and functionality on our website, monitor its usage, and provide you with a more personalised experience.
How do we protect your information?
Explore Liverpool Limited implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
How long we keep your personal data for?
We retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was provided. What this means in practice will vary between different types of data. When determining the relevant retention periods, we consider factors including:
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- statute of limitations under applicable law;
- potential or actual disputes; and
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely erase your personal data from our systems when it is no longer needed.
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
What does this mean?
1. Right to be informed
2. Right of access
3. Right to rectification
You are entitled to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
4. Right to erasure
This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
5. Right to restrict processing
You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your personal data in certain circumstances. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal data, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their personal data to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
6. Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format in certain circumstances. In addition, where certain conditions apply, you have the right to have such information transferred directly to a third party.
7. Right to object to processing
You have the right to object to us processing your personal data for our legitimate business interests or for direct marketing purposes (including in each case any related profiling).
8. Right to withdraw consent to processing
If you have given your consent to us to process your personal data for a particular purpose (for example, direct marketing), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that any processing of your personal data up to that point is unlawful).
9. Right to make a complaint to the data protection authorities
You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy with how we have handled your personal data or believe our processing of your personal data does not comply with data protection law.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
How you can contact us
If you would like to exercise your data protection rights or if you are unhappy with how we have handled your personal data, you may contact us by:
- emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- submitting a message through our online contact form.
If you’re not satisfied with our response to any enquiry or complaint or believe our processing of your personal data does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by:
- writing to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF;
- calling: 0303 123 1113; or submitting a message through the ICO’s website at: ico.org.uk.
Explore Liverpool’s Reviews guidance and policy
Explore Liverpool are dedicated to ensuring that consumers can trust any review that is published on our website.
All businesses and reviewers that use our website must follow our guidelines and review policy.
Reviews content guidelines
Posting a review
Our review service offers consumers the opportunity to rate and review their genuine, first-hand, experiences with the businesses they use. Specifically:
- A consumer can only review a business with whom they have had a direct, first-hand, experience. Not based on what they heard from friends or relatives.
- For clarity, our definition of an experience is where a business has been actively engaged as part of a buying process or delivery of the service. A consumer can only review a business to the extent of their direct experience, e.g. a consumer who obtained a quote from a business but did not accept the service can review their experience with obtaining the quote but cannot review the delivery or ongoing support for the service.
- In addition, you may not write a review about a business:
- That you or any family member have any financial interest in
- That you are employed by or otherwise work for
- That is a competitor to a business that you or any family member have any financial interest in, are employed by or otherwise work for
- In exchange for payment, or where your interaction occurred more than 12 months before submitting the review
- Consumers can post a review across a range of different devices/channels – desktop, mobile and app.
- As a minimum, consumers need to provide a rating (1-5 stars) of a business
- Our advice for consumers is that if they have had a bad experience with a business, they try to explain to them why in their review. Genuine negative feedback is fine, but constructive criticism is much more useful to the business and potential customers than an angry rant.
- The personal details of users will never be shared with the subject of their review, or 3rd parties, without obtaining permission, unless we are required to share them related to a court or government order.
- We do not permit abusive or offensive behaviour, towards businesses or other users. This includes the use of profanities; threats; prejudiced comments; hate speech; and/ or, sexually explicit language. All user generated content material posted on our website, must comply with both the guidance in this Reviews Policy and Explore Liverpool’s Terms and Conditions.
- Anything posted should be a reviewer’s own, unique work. This includes not uploading images/ videos or using content in videos to which someone else owns the copyright, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programmes or videos made by other users and unattributed quotes. Content may be removed, without notice, if we receive a complaint from the copyright owner.
- All reviewers should be aware that the content they submit becomes visible to anyone who visits our website, so they need to check what they are posting meets our Terms and Conditions.
Responding to a review
- Businesses maybe informed whenever any new review is posted against their business.
- Anyone, who has registered for a Explore Liverpool Business Listing, can respond to a posted review on their business.
- When the business responds to a review they will be highlighted as the business name
- Any comments should be constructive and written in a non-biased way. They also need to adhere to policies associated with ‘Posting a Review’, other than the need to provide a star rating.
- All comments will not be published until they have been checked by our team within 12-24 hours.
Reporting a review
- We do not edit, pre-vet or review any third-party material before it is published on our website. We actively encourage any party to report any review, that they believe go against our policies by using the ‘report review’ link in the review section.
- When a review is reported, we will assess the review against our policy. If the review is not in breach of the policy but is believed by the reporter to be posted by an individual who is not recognised as someone who has had an experience with the business, we will contact the reviewer within 2 working days, via email, and provide 3 working days for the provision of further information to support a decision being made around the veracity of the review. In the absence of a response, the review will be withdrawn as unsubstantiated.
- Where a review is reported as defamatory the person reporting the review will be advised of the outcome within 10 working days of the email being sent to the reviewer.
- If the veracity of a reported review is substantiated it will remain in place, irrespective of Explore Liverpool’s relationship with the reviewed business. Substantiation will be based on Explore Liverpool being ‘satisfied’ that the review meets our policies. The only exception to this is if the reviewed business decides to suppress the review functionality from their listing altogether. In this case, all review data both positive and negative is removed, and the business can no longer receive any reviews.
How reviews are accessed and reflected in a business’s listing
- We will ascribe an overall reviews star rating for a business, using an algorithm that looks at volumes of reviews by star rating.
- Star ratings will feature against a business’s listing, and within their business profile
- Specific reviews will be accessible via a business’s profile page.
- In some cases, Explore Liverpool’s Business Directory reviews are also published in 3rd party search results e.g. Google.
- We monitor and review most reviews – We do not monitor, censor, or moderate all reviews. We provide an option only for users to post reviews about businesses featured on our website.
- Reviewers may not write a review that:
- They have been paid to write by the business or a competitor of the business;
- Does not describe their personal and direct interaction with the business;
- Is not factually correct;
- Violates laws regarding defamation, harassment, discrimination, racial vilification, sedition, blasphemy, bullying or contempt;
- Is abusive, offensive, indecent, pornographic or obscene;
- Advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
- Is intentionally or unintentionally false, misleading, deceptive, inaccurate, incorrect or unreliable;
- Infringes intellectual property rights including copyright of any third party;
- Is inappropriate, off topic, repetitive or vexatious; or
- Compromises the privacy or data protection rights of any person.
- Businesses may not do any of the following which could damage your online reputation or be interpreted as misleading consumers:
- Pay for reviews of your own or a competitor’s business;
- Review your own or a competitor’s business; or try to have negative reviews removed leaving only the positive reviews.
Changes to this Review Policy
This Review Policy was last updated on 25 May 2020.
“Directory” means Explore Liverpool’s business directory located on the website.
“Explore” means Explore Liverpool Ltd who is supplying the services via the membership.
“Member” means the person or company who is named on the Application for Membership form and for whom, following acceptance to Explore, has agreed to provide services to, in accordance with these terms.
“Members Page” means the page on the Club’s Website that details the name, employer, business contact details, photograph and description of business (limited to between 20 and 50 words) of each Member.
“Membership” means the period of time when a Member is contracted to Explore Liverpool.
“Membership Fee” means the payment made by the Member to Explore Liverpool to cover membership costs for the Contract Term.
“Membership Term” means monthly or a period of 12 months.
“Specified Service” means the service provided by Explore Liverpool and set out in clause 3 to these Terms and Conditions.
“Terms and Conditions”: means the terms and conditions of Membership set out below.
“Website”: means Explore Liverpool’s website https://www.explore-liverpool.com
- Agreement to these Terms
2.1 When applying for Membership of Explore Liverpool, the Member confirms that it has read and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Upon membership being accepted by Explore Liverpool, the Member will be provided with its own copy of the Terms and Conditions and they should be retained for future reference.
- Supply of the Specified Service
3.1 Explore Liverpool shall at its sole discretion provide the following Specified Service to the Member:
(a) free advertisement on the website and business directory;
(b) free advertisement on Explore’s and ScouseScene social media channels;
(c) regular email communication promoting exclusive offers to members only;
(d) written article on your business when you first become a member;
(e) promoted on our weekly roundup at least every 2 months;
(f) opportunity to showcase your latest offer on Explore’s offers page.
(g) opportunity to advertise your job vacancies on our jobs page on the website.
3.2 The Specified Service is given to the Member subject to these Terms and Conditions.
3.3 Explore Liverpool shall use its reasonable endeavours to provide the Specified Service within the advertised times.
3.4 Explore Liverpool may at any time without notifying the Member make any changes to the Specified Service which are necessary to comply with any safety or other statutory requirements and/or which do not materially affect the nature or quality of the Specified Service.
3.5 Any other changes or additions to the Specified Service or to these Terms will be notified to the Member in writing by Explore Liverpool in advance of those changes taking place.
- Contract Term and Payments
4.1 Membership of Explore Liverpool is for either monthly or annual and is subject to payment of the Membership Fee each month/year.
4.2 Your membership is valid for the Membership Term.
4.3 Following the expiry of the initial Contract Term and any subsequent Contract Term, the Member must renew their Membership paying the Membership Fee for the next Contact Term otherwise Membership is terminated in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
4.4 Members shall pay an additional fee, to be agreed between Explore Liverpool and the Member, for a sponsored hyperlink to appear on the Website.
4.5 All charges quoted to the Member for the provision of the Specified Service and Events are inclusive of VAT.
4.6 Members are not entitled to a refund of any subscription fees following termination or cancellation of membership.
- Membership Renewal
5.1 To renew your membership if you pay annual you must pay your subscription fee in full before renewal is due.
5.2 Explore Liverpool reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to charge additional fees to renew membership after the Renewal Date.
5.3 Where any subscription payable by the Member to Explore Liverpool is not paid by the Renewal Date, your membership shall be deemed to have lapsed. The Member will be served with notice allowing the Member 28 days from the Renewal Date to make the necessary payment (the ‘Grace Period’).
- Right to Cancel Membership
6.1 Members shall have a right to cancel their membership within 14 days of receipt of their annual membership and receive a full refund. For further information, please contact email@example.com
- Termination of Membership
7.1 The Member may terminate the Membership at any time by giving written notice to Explore Liverpool. If notice is given during the Contract Term, the Member will not be refunded the Membership Fee for the Contract Term.
7.2 Either party may at any time terminate the Membership by immediate written notice if the other commits any material breach of these Terms and Conditions or goes into liquidation, becomes bankrupt, makes a voluntary arrangement with its creditors or has a receiver or administrator appointed.
7.3 Upon termination of the Membership for whatever reason all sums owed by the Member to Explore Liverpool shall become due and payable by the Member with immediate effect.
8.1 Membership allows all a Member’s personnel to access certain areas of the Website such as their featured business listing. If a Member decides to cancel their Membership, access will stop.
8.2 If you enter your details in any enquiry form or contact form you are giving your express permission for your details to be added to our data base for contact and marketing purposes. Your details maybe provided to a third party, see Clause 8.4 below.
8.3 Membership of Explore Liverpool is at the sole discretion of Explore Liverpool and it reserves the right to refuse Membership.
8.5 Wavier. No failure or delay by either party in exercising any of its rights under these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to be a waiver of that right, and no waiver by either party of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by the other shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- Membership Rejection
9.1 Members are advised that Explore Liverpool may also, in certain circumstances, reassess the Membership any Member whose Membership at any time .
10.1 Each party undertakes that it shall not at any time disclose to any person any confidential information concerning the business, affairs, customers, clients or suppliers of the other party, except as permitted by below.